Jeffrey has worked in the outpatient PT setting since 1998 primarily in South Florida prior to joining Tomsic PT in April of 2016. In addition to patient care, he also worked in management and clinical instructor roles for 10 of those years. Jeff was heavily involved in community outreach programs related to health and wellness while located in South Florida. He has developed a passion for helping patients and athletes improve their functional movement in order to optimize performance and reduce injury.
Jeffrey’s educational background and achievements include the following:
- Graduated from Florida International University in Miami, Fl. with a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry in 1996
- Received his Master degree of Physical Therapy from Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. In 1998
- Completed Certification in Manual Therapy (MTC) from the University of St. Augustine, Florida in 2007
- Certified in the Functional Movement Screen (FMS) in 2011
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach (CSCS) in 2013
- Certified Clinical Instructor with FPTA in 1999 and APTA in 2016
Jeffrey loves exercising, especially outdoors at Santa Rita park with a barbell exercising or sprinting in the grass on Fridays. The rec center is also a favorite spot on Tuesdays where he is there religiously doing his Turkish Get-ups. He really enjoyed snowboarding for his first winter here and realized all his balance and coordination work helped him stay upright and injury-free. Jeffrey wanted to move to a small town with so many diverse sports and athletes which is why he moved the family to Durango in 2016. Getting a chance to enhance athletes performance whether in their sport or in their occupation is extremely rewarding for him. Jeffrey enjoys this great community in which to raise his two young daughters with his wonderful wife Terra. He continues to enjoy meeting all members of the community through volunteering at our sponsored Tomsic PT events.